Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Salmon

We had friends in town for a half marathon this weekend and I wanted to make sure I made them the perfect pre-race meal. Since the carbed up on Friday, Saturday night's meal called for something light, non-dairy and healthy. I decided to go with salmon with a light dressing, served atop spinach. I served with rice and garnished with some fresh herbs on the side. The salmon, along with a large salad, turned out great!


Ingredients

Dressing:
3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon chile paste with garlic or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Salad:
4-6 cups baby spinach

Preparation
Preheat broiler.

To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, and stir well with a whisk.

Place the fish on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush evenly with 1 teaspoon oil. Broil 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Place 1-2 cups spinach on each of 4 plates; Drizzle about 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad.

Garnish with fresh herbs and serve with Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment